Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

I don't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve! We've been busy
shopping, doing our regular duties, and preparing for our Christmas
program at church yesterday. Anyway, I finally got up the pictures
of our Christmas tree (I had thought I'd already uploaded them but
didn't). I'm planning to make Dad's gift tonight.
Oh yes, I've been very busy filling out, sealing, and mailing Christmas
cards! That was a lot of work but I enjoyed it.

The week before, we got a beautiful snow.

Anyway,  Lord willing, we'll be going to Tatum and Scott's house on
Saturday for our family Christmas party.

Annah is sick right now in bed with a fever, and this morning she had
an upset stomach. Not good. We don't want to be sick on Wed.

That's what's up around here.

My new ornament this year.




Our beautiful tree.




Beautiful, lovely, pure snow!





A friend made this cute manger scene in the snow. Here is an angel.
The Nativity





3 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I love your ice skate and your collie ornament. They remind me of some wonderful Christmases I had when I was a little girl in Wisconsin.

    Anyway this is not a post about your post, it's a request. My daughter does a lot of baking and we were talking with my mom (who just turned 89 praise GOD) about frosting. I can distinctly remember a cooked frosting that was glossy and sticky and made cakes shine when you iced them. Do you know of such a frosting? I remember it was kind of hard to do and you had to watch it every minute. Since you make cakes of all kinds, I thought you and your mom might have an idea about it.
    If you do could you send me the recipe at "anienow571899@gmail.com". I would sincerely appreciate it.

    Happy New Year and may it bring blessings and joy to you and your family.

    annieb (amulbunny)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to get back with you on the icing if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment, I'm afraid I don't information regarding that icing.

    ReplyDelete