Thursday, April 16, 2015

Christmas

Okay. Hello, everyone!!!! I'm very sorry it's been soooooo long.
We're still here, thankfully. I've been trying to think of what to post.
We're still doing foster care and that keeps us busy! It's been
quite a new experience, but a very good one!

Last week, we had some bad storms. Mom, Annah, and I were
on our way home when my phone my  beeped with an
urgent alert saying there was a tornado warning in the area!
I called Dad to find out what was going on, and he did say
that we were getting hail at home. We were about 20 minutes
away from home, but the sky looked threatening. We stopped
at a grocery store we regularly go to, but the young guy was
closing it up (boss told him to, and there were lots of windows).
We tried decide what to do. One of our church elders was
texting me back and forth to make sure we had shelter. We
ended up waiting it out at the city hall/police department
which had less windows, two vaults, and a basement.
We only got a heavy down pour, but Aunt Jean and everyone
in her neighborhood received house damage. Thankfully,
no one was hurt though and the sun was out by the time
we got home! Thank God for protecting us.

I wanted to share pictures from our Christmas celebration.
Wow, did getting new phones of our own come in handy
around that time! I could be sitting across Mom from the
room, talking to her and at the same time texting Dad
about her present!
My stash

One of my new ornaments


 
 
 
A beautiful gift bag
I saw the title of this CD and bought it. My thoughts exactly!
Christmas morning
Chloe's all ready. Her stocking is worn and torn, but she still hordes it.
 
 
 
 
Annah's loot
Mine
Don't let the paper fool you. Mom's large gift isn't Toy Story themed,
it's just that that was the only roll of paper we had to cover the whole thing.
 
Some of Dad's gifts
Annah likes her flip flops
A sweet sweater for the future. I like snowflakes.
 
 
 
I didn't ask for this book, Intentional Walk about some of the
St. Louis Cardinals players, but I secretly wanted it and Annah
gave it to me!
 
 
 
I don't have a picture but one of the best gifts I received
was Dr. Lesslie's new book, Miracles in the ER! It's
the top best one in the whole series, to me anyway.
 
 
 
This was my big, special gift for Annah...
...And I could not believe the hassle it took to find it!



 


 

 
We went nostalgia this Christmas!



 
 
 
 
 
Your eyes are not fooling you. Yes, Annah went to great lengths
to bring Woody to me for Christmas!
 
 
These below pictures are not in December, but January. I entered an
art show for the first time in my life at the FVL. There were several
different categories. God has used my entries
to bless people, and it was definitely He who gave me the gift. In
case you readers don't know, I like drawing. The results are below.
 
That was in the adult 18 and cover category. BTW, you can find this drawing
on another website.


 




 
Isn't this a really good painting?


 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. The drawing of the violinist is exceptional. You have quite a talent.
    We were on vacation this week in Las Vegas, and at a store in the hotel I bought an Olaf and Sven beanie babies. Now should I share them with my daughter or keep them for myself. They are so adorable.
    Glad you had a good Christmas. My daughter flew home from Chicago to spend it with us so we were all together. I was so glad to have her back in the house.
    Glad your storm wasn't bad. We're in a drought and it's bad.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a real talent for drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Rebecca, your drawings are amazing!
    Your Christmas looked great fun, reminds me of our family Christmases.
    Thanks for the update, many blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! Have you considered Christian Mingle!? My friends have met their husband/wives on there.
    I believe we have to go out and make opportunities for ourselves if we are not meeting suitablefuture husband is in everyday life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre a lovely women, I would hate for you to remain single and clearly God has made your heart desire a husband and children

    ReplyDelete