Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chemotherapy

Cancer is a terrifying word. Chemotherapy
is an equally cringing one. Everyone knows that it is a period
of horrible suffering, and seems more painful than helpful to the one it's being used on.
This post isn't about me! So calm down. We friends and have heard so
many stories where chemo was excruciating and
unbearable. I am not in any way saying that chemotherapy
shouldn't be used at all! What I'm saying is that so many people
suffer with these two words, so those of you who have to go through
it, you are not alone. There is someone in heaven who knows exactly
what you're going through! His name is Jesus! He knows what it's like
to go through excruciating, indescribable physical pain because
He bore it before the cross! Like a cancer patient about to undergo
treatment, He knew what was coming, and in Gethsemane, He was
filled with dread and anxiety. He even begged His Father to forgo
the suffering if there was any other way for Him to satisfy God's
wrath, but there wasn't!
"...and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. Then He said
to them, 'My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here
and watch with Me.' He went a little farther and fell on His face, and
prayed, saying, 'O My Father, If it is possible, let this cup pass from Me;
nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.'" Matthew 26:37-39

"And He said to them, 'My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death.
Stay here and watch.' He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and
prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.
And He said, 'Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take
 this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You
will'". Mark 14:34-36

"...and He knelt down and prayed, saying, 'Father, if it is Your will,
take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not My will, but Yours
be done.' Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening
Him. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat
became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground."
Luke 22:41-44

So, to those of you who have to endure such pain, please remember
that Jesus is real, and that He knows exactly what you're going
through!

"Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for
my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled; but You,
O Lord-how long?
I am weary with my groaning; all night I make my bed swim; I
drench my couch with my tears. My eye wastes away because of
my grief; it grows old because of all my enemies." Psalm 6:2-4, 6,7

"I am poured out like water, and all My bones are out of joint; My
heart is like wax; it has melted within Me. My strength is dried up
like a potsherd, and My tongue clings to My jaws; You have
brought me to the dust of death." Psalm 22:14-16

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with
our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet
without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:15, 16

No comments:

Post a Comment