Friday, September 16, 2016

Rest in Peace

I can't believe I'm doing this post and saying these words!
It came faster than we ever expected. Dad and I just
returned from the vet. It is with grieving hearts that I tell you this:
Our sweet Chloe is gone! The past
months she's been getting slower and gagging. She had
a heart murmur, and recently it's gotten so much
worse. The passed few days, she rapidly lost
so much muscle, weight, she could hardly get around,
and she was so weak and could hardly breathe!
The doctor said it's like having the air knocked out of you all
the time. The passed few days her lungs filled up with fluid and
he said there was pretty much also a mass in her stomach.
But, she's not suffering anymore! We had to put her down
this morning. She was just so wasted. I can't believe
how fast her body deteriorated.

We're very, very sad! We're gonna miss her so much. I still
can't believe it's over. She was a rescue dog. We got her for
$80 from  a lady who rescued small dogs. She was house broken,
trained already. She was one when we got her. The first time we
saw her, she was running around in the back yard tossing a tennis ball.
I'm just balling as I write this. Please pray for us.

She was the best dog we ever had. She was so cute and sweet.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She loved her car rides.
 
 
 
This was from yesterday.
 
 
 
This song gets me every single time and this is the time
I've always dreaded thinking of it, but now it's here.
 
 
 
Rest in Peace, sweet puppy dog. We LOVE you!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. She has crossed the rainbow bridge and she is healthy and chasing butterflies in the tall grass. I have cried harder losing pets than I could imagine. They are family and it is a loss. When my pointer died I mourned for months. It took us 5 years to find the dog that would take her place and be the big sister to our little dog. [url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com][img]http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2661/2661427joaku9n265.gif[/img][/url]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry your dear sweet dog has passed. From your posts, it was easy to see she was a much loved, truly good dog. May one day the pictures of her bring a smile instead of a tear.

    Here is a poem that might be appropriate to the loss of poor Chloe.

    I Loved You Best

    Copyright © Jim Willis 2002, All Rights Reserved


    So this is where we part, My Friend,
    and you'll run on, around the bend,
    gone from sight, but not from mind,
    new pleasures there you'll surely find.

    I will go on, I'll find the strength,
    life measures quality, not its length.
    One long embrace before you leave,
    share one last look, before I grieve.

    There are others, that much is true,
    but they be they, and they aren't you.
    And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
    will remember well all you've taught.

    Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,
    the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
    And as you journey to your final rest,
    take with you this...I loved you best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry for you. I have buried some pets over the years that have just broken my heart. I had a cat and a dog who were just the perfect pets. Whispering a prayer for you tonight. God cares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for you and your family. Chloe looks like a wonderful dog. (She looks like she had some Australian Shepherd in her, which means she was very smart and very loyal)

    ReplyDelete